IPC-A-6012 CIS Training
The 3-day IPC-A-6012 specialist training program is for experienced incoming inspectors of printed circuit boards looking for knowledge of the IPC-A-6012, “The Acceptability of Printed Boards”. The class will review the specification which describes the preferred, acceptable, and nonconforming conditions that are either externally or internally observable on printed boards. These criteria are spelled out for the different classes of products from the Class I consumer grade product through the high-reliability requirements of Class 3 medical and military boards. The course reviews this document and helps students learn how to navigate the criteria. Both closed and open book tests are required to be completed after each module. The student must pass 70 percent of the questions in both the open and closed book formats in order to successfully complete this program.
What’s in the class?
- Certification and IPC Policies and Procedures
- IPC Essentials training
- Scope/Applicable Documents
- General and Material Requirements
- Visual Requirements
- Dimensional and Conductor Requirements
- Structural Integrity of different types of printed wiring boards
- Solder mask integrity, adhesion
- Electrical requirements
- Board cleanliness
- Repair and Rework
- Special Requirements
- Quality Assurance Provisions and Notes
- Supplemental Requirements
- Course Summary/Review
- Open Book Examination
- Closed Book Examination
- Instructor/Student Conference
- Sample x-ray analysis (time permitting)
- Review of PCB cross sections and commentary on anomalies (time permitting)
How long does it take?
4 days or less depending in which optional modules are chosen
What do you get?
IPC Certificate of Training