What Are the IPC-A-610 Certification Benefits?
- Receive professional recognition of skills and experience.
- Acquire certification through formal, educational-based
- Learn about evolving technologies and tomorrow's
- Technical certification provides a standard for
identifying and evaluating required knowledge,
skills, selling and support.
- Educational and experimental processes are designed
to assure valid, reliable and accurate assessment
of knowledge and expertise.
- Learn to perform to defined standards and levels
- Recognizes and rewards demonstrated ability.
- Validates that a candidate has satisfied a comprehensive
set of technical performance requirements.
- Increases productivity and credibility within the
- Certified employees have been found to solve problems
faster, work better in teams and show a higher level of
confidence in their own abilities and solutions.
- Measures competence levels in a particular product
- Customers look for high levels of service from certified,
- Improves efficiency through simplification of processes,
procedures and relationships.
- Minimizes delayed or incomplete projects and cost
- Increases customer satisfaction and decreases support
costs through improved service, productivity, and
- Certified employees are more productive than non-certified
The acceptability of electronic assemblies is the most
widely used standard published by the IPC. It maintains
an international reputation as the source for end product
acceptance criteria for the consumer and high reliability
printed wiring assemblies.
This is an industry-consensus program that includes
training, certification and instructional materials
based on the IPC-A-610 criteria. This certification
will demonstrate your commitment to customer requirements
and assists any company dedicated to ISO-9000 or other
quality assurance initiatives.
This training and certification is highly recognized
throughout the electronics industry. Over 3,000 individuals
have been trained and certified as IPC-A-610 Class "A"
Instructors in the first five years of the program.
The IPC-A-610 Training and Certification provides instructors
with high quality materials and detailed instructional
plans for training operators.
The IPC-A-610 training and certification program has
two tiers of instruction. Class "A" instructor
candidates are sent by their parent companies to receive
intensive training on the IPC-A-610 from an IPC-approved
certification center. Candidates are certified once
they complete their course of study and pass the certification
examination. If they feel they do not need the training
course, candidates may opt to take a "challenge
test" administered by one of the certification
centers. Certified Class "A" instructors are
provided instructional materials for training workers
in a 20-hour Worker Proficiency training program. Class
"A" instructors are considered certified for
two years after the course completion date. They must
then re-certify at an IPC-approved certification site.
Role and responsibilities of Class "A"
- Criteria for acceptable laminate conditions.
- Soldered connection requirements for plated-through
- Surface mounting criteria for chip components, leadless
and leaded chip carriers.
- Swaged hardware, and heat sink requirements of mechanical
- Component mounting criteria for DIPS, socket pins,
and card edge connectors.
- Discrete wiring assembly requirements.
- Solder fillet dimensional criteria for all major
SMT component groups.
- SMT Soldering anomolies, such as tombstoning, dewetting,
- Steps to effectively using the lesson plan and materials,
tips on inspection and a review of important instructor
Who Should Become A "Class A" Instructor?
Anyone responsible for the quality and reliability of
electronic assemblies should consider becoming an IPC-A-610
Class "A" Instructor. Trainers and quality
supervisors versed in electronic assembly are excellent
candidates for Class "A" training, as are
engineering and manufacturing supervisors with assembly
The IPC-A-610 training and certification program offers
those interested in company-wide quality assurance initiatives.
An IPC-sponsored program supports the commitment to
continuous improvement of product quality and reliability.
The program provides individuals with a portable credential
that recognizes their understanding of the IPC-A-610.
All IPC-A-610 Class "A" Instructors receive
materials for participating in the Class "A"
training, as well as instructional materials for conducting
worker proficiency training.
- Over 600 color, teaching visuals on CD-Rom, illustrating
every aspect of the IPC-A-610 document and training
- An instructor guide providing instructions for conducting
the worker proficiency training and testing.
- An IPC-A-610 Class "A" Instructor Student
Handbook.w The IPC-A-610C, The Acceptability of Electronic
Assemblies and the IPC-T-50 Terms and Definitions
for Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits.
- An open and closed book worker proficiency exam
- Worker proficiency training materials not included
in the Class "A" course, such as the
- Worker Proficiency Student Handbooks and Certificates
of Course Completion, can be purchased from IPC only
by Class "A" Instructors.